D26 Seniors League Bowls Scotland District 19
PRIVACY NOTICE - D26 SENIORS LEAGUE
What we need
D26 Seniors League will be a “controller” of the personal information that you provide to us. When you register as a member of D26 Seniors league or renew your membership, we will ask you for the following personal information:
• contact details – name, address, email address;
• membership criteria / category – athlete, volunteer;
• equality information – disability (if any), gender identity
After the 25th May 2018 if you contact us via email we will take that as an agreement to ‘Opt In’ giving us the right to reply to your email and allowing us to keep that address on file, unless you specifically intimate on your email not to do so. You may change your preferences at any time or request that we stop sending you email communications by contacting us at d26seniorsleagues.co.uk
Why we need your personal information – contractual purposes
We need to collect our members’ personal information so that we can manage your membership. We will use
our members’ personal information to:
• provide you with core member services, including, insurance, and licensing;
• set up your online membership account and administer your account online; and
• send you membership communications by post or email in relation to essential membership services, including but not limited to, membership renewals and information on membership benefits.
When you book a place with us for and to attend a Coaching course, Competition, Event, Training course etc. we need to collect your personal information so that we can honour your booking and enable you to participate in the course, competition, event, etc.
If you do not provide us with all of the personal information that we need to collect then this may affect our ability to
book your place or offer the above membership services and benefits.
Why we need your personal information – legitimate purposes
We also process our members’ personal information in pursuit of our legitimate interests to:
• promote and encourage participation in the sport of Bowling by sending members’ communications and booking information for upcoming competitions and events. Our competitions and events may be filmed or photographed and your personal information may also be used in images captured from our competitions and events, which we
use for promotional, education and development purposes;
• provide competition in the sport of Bowling by accepting and managing entries for our competitions and checking your personal information to ensure you are entered into the correct category;
• develop and maintain our members’ qualifications, including sending email communications to members to inform you of upcoming courses, renewal requirements
*invite our members as prize winners or guests to our annual presentation dinner/ceremony
• respond to and communicate with members regarding your questions, comments, support needs or complaints, concerns or allegations in relation to the sport of Bowling. We will use your personal information to investigate your
complaint, suspend membership and take disciplinary action where appropriate.
Where we process your personal information in pursuit of our legitimate interests, you have the right to object to us using your personal information for the above purposes
If you wish to object to any of the above processing, please contact us at via the contact page on our website d26seniorsleagues.co.uk. If we agree and comply with your objection, this may affect our ability to undertake the tasks above for the benefit of you as a member.
Why we need your personal information – legal obligations
We are under a legal obligation to process certain personal information relating to our members for the purposes
of complying with our obligations under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007 to check that our
coaches and volunteers are able to undertake regulated work with children and vulnerable adults and to maintain a register of our members, which includes our members’ name, address, the date they were admitted to membership and the date they ceased to be a member, and hold general meetings, including issuing notices and voting arrangements.
Page 1 of 2
PRIVACY NOTICE - D26 SENIORS LEAGUE
Other uses of your personal information
We may ask you if we can process your personal information for additional purposes. Where we do so, we will
provide you with an additional privacy notice with information on how we will use your information for these additional purposes.
Who we share your personal information with
We may be required to share personal information with statutory or regulatory authorities and organisations to comply with statutory obligations. Such organisations include the Health & Safety Executive, Disclosure Scotland,
and Police Scotland for the purposes of safeguarding children.
We may also share personal information with our professional and legal advisors for the purposes of taking advice.
As an affiliated club of Bowls Scotland we are required to ensure that all of our members are members of Bowls Scotland as a condition of affiliation. We will share your name and membership category with Bowls Scotland who will become a controller of your personal information when they receive it. Bowls Scotland’s privacy notice explains how they use your personal information and can be accessed at https:/
In the event that we do share personal information with external third parties, we will only share such personal information strictly required for the specific purposes and take reasonable steps to ensure that recipients shall only process the disclosed personal information in accordance with those purposes.
We publish the results of our competitions on our website, and this includes competitors’ name, club, and result
How we protect your personal information
Your personal information is stored on our electronic filing system and our servers based in the UK, and is accessed by our staff and volunteers for the purposes set out above.
We do not transfer your personal or other details out with the EU
How long we keep your personal information
We will only keep your personal information for as long as necessary to provide you with membership services.
Unless you ask us not to, we will review and possibly delete your personal information where you have not renewed your membership with us for six years.
You can exercise any of the following rights by contacting us via our website d26seniorsleagues.co.uk . Your rights in relation to your personal information are:
• you have a right to request access to the personal information that we hold about you by making a “subject access request”;
• if you believe that any of your personal information is inaccurate or incomplete, you have a right to request that we correct or complete your personal information; you have a right to request that we restrict the processing of your
personal information for specific purposes; and
• if you wish us to delete your personal information, you may request that we do so.
• Any requests received by D26 Seniors League will be considered under applicable data protection legislation.
If you remain dissatisfied, you have a right to raise a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office
Page 2 of 2